Video calling is one of the important features which every user wants in their device. Nowadays, everyone wants to connect with each other through video calls. Google Duo App or just Duo is a video calling app developed by Google and is available for both Android and iOS. This App is an instant video calling app which connects one-to-one without any lags and also in HD.
Google Duo had been launched with Google Allo which is an amazing instant messaging app. Video calling in Duo is quite easy and amazingly fast. The user interface of Google duo is amazing and far better than any other video calling app. Google Duo is initially released on 16th August 2016 in the United States and supports Android version of 4.1 or higher and iOS version of 9.0 or higher.
Google Duo App Installation Process:
This Video Calling App had been launched for both Android by Google and iOS by Apple. The process of installation on both the devices is almost same.
- Open the Google PlayStore and search for Google Duo app.
- Click on install button.
- Accept the user agreements of android PlayStore.
- Grant it to access your contacts, messages, camera etc.
- After that, the download will start automatically and after downloading, Duo will be automatically installed on your device.
- Now can open the app and can start experiencing this amazing app.
In iOS devices also Google Duo is easy to install. Its installation process is same as that in Android. In this also we have to open market of iOS and agree its installation terms and the download will start automatically and also gets installed in your device. Now you can enjoy the app.
Also, we can download the apk file from the internet directly from apps and websites like 9apps, Mobdro etc. For this we have to allow our Android device to download from unknown sources in settings then we can download the apk file and can start using it.
Google Duo App – Features:
Google Duo gained very large popularity in its initial days of launch because of it’s some eye-catching features. Some of them are
- Simple interface – Google Duo is very easy to use and we can start any video call in seconds which makes it convenient.
- Knock Knock – We can see the caller before picking up. This feature is very amazing as we can see how they are looking or how many persons are there before picking up the call.
Basically, Google Duo shows a live preview of the caller before the recipient picks up, which Google says is to “make calls feel more like an invitation rather than an interruption.
- High-Quality Video – the quality of video calls is pretty impressive and we can make video calls with Wi-Fi or with mobile data connection.
- Cross – Platform – with Google Duo, we can reach to all our friends easily and anytime we want. We can also call Android as well as iOS users since Google Duo is compatible with both the platforms.
Google Duo is basically designed to be simple, reliable and fun so we can never miss a moment.
Other Features of Google Duo are:
- Google Duo is highly optimized for low bandwidth mobile networks or for slow internet connection. The app improves WebRTC and uses QUIC over UDP. Optimization is performed by lowering of video quality by monitoring network quality.
- Google Duo have inbuilt Google Assistant Support which works on Artificial Intelligence. Thus it is a smart app.
- Google Duo have default end – to – end encryption system which ensures the privacy of video calls; thus making the app safer to use.
- Google Duo uses our contact information to allow users to easily call people from their contact list.
- Google Duo switches automatically between Wi – Fi and mobile data whichever available at the moment. So, it eliminates our work of switching between Wi – Fi and mobile data connection.
- Amazing video quality in HD 720p which enhances user experience.
- We can mute our microphone in an ongoing call.
- We can flip the camera either front or rear making it more convenient to use.
Knock Knock preview feature for incoming video calls will not automatically show on iOS devices. iOS users will get the advantage of knock knock preview unless the Google Duo is already open. Vice – Versa is with outgoing calls. Outgoing video calls will show preview to android users only not iOS users. Although both Android, as well as iOS users, can disable the knock knock preview feature at any time they want.
Google Duo App – Pros and Cons:
- Simple and easy to use interface.
- Knock Knock preview feature is the unique ability of Google Duo app.
- High-quality video calls with a bandwidth reduction feature for slow internet connections.
- Cross – platform enables you to call across Android and iOS with one Google Duo.
- Google Duo tunes the audio and video quality while making video calls whatever the connection is either it is Wi – Fi or mobile data connection.
- Even though Google Duo says that this app is lag free but often in some device video freezes a lot, even if the connection is good.
- In some devices, ‘camera error’ occurs.
- Package size is pretty big as compared with other such apps.
- iOS users complain that Google Duo monitor your communications which are annoying for some users because of their private talks.
- In Google Duo, we cannot do a video conference as Google Duo is one-to-one video calling app.
Google Duo App – Summing Up:
Google Duo is the best app for video calling because of its some unique features like knock knock preview feature, HD video calling, and cross-platform video calling connecting iOS and Android users with each other. Although Google Duo has some drawbacks such as no video conferencing feature, Knock Knock feature is disabled on iOS devices when the app is not opened etc.
At last Google, Duo is the best app for one-to-one video calling with the very simple user interface.